Tax planning is under scrutiny and intense political debate as Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) adopts an increasingly aggressive and invasive stance on abusive tax planning and avoidance. Cross-border transparency and cooperation between jurisdictions continue to be enhanced to help bridge perceived gaps in U.K. tax legislation.
Our experienced leaders help clients manage and resolve HMRC challenges of alleged serious tax fraud. We bring highly technical and practical support to defend legitimate tax planning and to manage and mitigate the disruptive business impacts of a serious tax investigation.
Our services include:
- Technical tax support
- Identification of tax at risk
- Forensic accounting
- Quantification and agreement with HMRC of any additional tax due
- Negotiation and mitigation of penalty charges
- Proactively handling discussions and meetings with HMRC
- Settlement agreements
- Litigation support in criminal investigations