Global anti-corruption laws mandate that companies refrain from all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery. Failure to comply with the laws and regulations can result in debilitating, significant financial penalties and criminal sanctions that could threaten the very survival of your organization.
Given the multi-jurisdictional nature of anti-corruption violations and investigations, A&M’s global team leads internal investigations designed to strengthen your systems that promote compliance.
We work with you to:
- Evaluate compliance with anti-corruption provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), U.K. Bribery Act and other statutes
- Identify, assess and remediate internal control weaknesses and provide technical accounting services
- Investigate alleged violations through our forensic accounting, forensic technology and corporate intelligence services
- Complete in-country corruption audits of business units, joint venture partners and third parties
- Conduct third-party due diligence on vendors, agents and intermediaries
- Investigate allegations made by employees, whistleblowers and government agencies
- Respond to regulatory consent orders to provide structure and support for the project management office
- Analyze, manage and execute historical transaction reviews