At Alvarez & Marsal (A&M), corporate social responsibility, like charity, begins at home. We are a global firm that sees itself as a global family. True to our entrepreneurial spirit, we understand that corporate social responsibility concerns are fluid and changing. That’s why we created a voluntary, internal giving program to help support employees impacted by Hurricane Harvey. That’s why we consistently review and respond to our family’s family needs with our recently enhanced paternity leave and fertility treatment benefits. And, that’s why we empower our professionals to donate their time and talents to causes near and dear to their hearts.
We also know that the added value of global corporate social responsibility creates opportunities in a myriad of ways and brings like-minded people together.
A&M has proudly supported four general areas of causes across the world: Youth, Education, Cultural Groups and Veterans. We are pleased to give to more than 100 organizations within these categories.
Some of our recipients are the following:
- Youth, INC. Empowers nonprofits, serving New York City’s youth, with a venture philanthropy model.
- Dallas CASA Helps children find safe, permanent homes.
- Futures and Options Enables New York's underserved youth to gain access to the economic mainstream, work-readiness training and support from caring adults.
- Madison Square Boys & Girls Club, Inc. Fosters effective youth development that empowers young people to succeed.
- Small Steps Nurturing Center Operates two preschools for economically at-risk children living in the First, Second, and Fifth Wards of Houston, Texas.
- University of Georgia Foundation
- NYU Stern School of Business
- Yeshiva University
- YES Prep Public School, Inc.
- Sam Houston State University
- Le Manege de Chaillot Supports the choreographic creation and production missions of Chaillot - Théâtre National de la Danse.
- The Honorable Tina Brozman Foundation Funds research that helps save women’s lives through ovarian cancer screening.
- New York Police and Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund Provides immediate support to families who’ve lost a loved one in the line of duty, along with assistance for the rest of the widow or widower’s life.
- Her Justice, Inc. Ensures that women are assigned a lawyer to help with their high-stakes legal needs.
- Catholic Charities Provides services to people in need and advocates for justice in social structures.
- UJA Federation of New York Identifies and meets the needs of New Yorkers and Jews everywhere through the power of collective action.
- Team Rubicon Unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly provide relief to communities in need around the world.
- THE ARMY DISTAFF FOUNDATION, INC. Provides housing, health, and wellness services to retired military veterans and their families.
- Advantage Heroes, Inc Helps raise funds to aid the causes of the Green Beret Foundation.
- Boulder Crest Retreat Foundations Works to heal military members, veterans, and their families dealing with PTSD and combat-related stress with free, high-impact retreats for combat veterans and their families.
Additionally, A&M practice leaders provide opportunities for their teams around the world to work with charitable organizations and to become better professionals and people in the process of doing so. One example is that A&M has not only supported, but lent a literal helping hand to Habitat for Humanity and the communities it serves.
We are excited to continue contributing to a number of worthy causes across the globe.