With more than 20 years of supply chain and management consulting experience, Mr. Laffere has assisted clients of all sizes across numerous industries, including oil and gas, construction, consumer packaged goods, industrial manufacturing, life sciences, internet retail, real estate and public sector. In his assignments, Mr. Laffere has focused on strategic and tactical initiatives including:
- Asset and fleet management (maintenance) processes and systems (EAM/CMMS)
- Back-office process improvement in procurement, accounts payable, sales and accounts receivable
- Working capital optimization (DSO, DPO, Inventory)
- Vendor performance, contract and materials spend analysis
- ERP Implementations (JD Edwards, Oracle eBS, SAP)
- Electronic commerce, including EIPP and eProcurement
- Inventory Management and Supply Planning (MPS / MRP)
- Project Accounting (AFE) business processes and systems
- Demand planning (sales and operations planning / forecasting)
- Facility management, warehouse operations and bar coding
- Vendor-managed inventory
- Systems integration (Oracle eBS, JD Edwards, SAP, Datastream, AMOS, Maximo, Siebel, DSI, Vastera, etc.)
Mr. Laffere’s most recent engagements include an equipment and fleet strategy project for a multi-billion dollar EPC company, a retail maintenance strategy implementation regarding third-party SLAs for a multi-billion dollar energy company, a large scale asset maintenance migration project for a multi-national oilfield services company, a billing and DSO improvement project for a mid-sized oil field services company, a sales and operations strategy project for a mid-sized pipe fabricator, a procurement and equipment maintenance integration project for a start-up offshore drilling company and a procure-to-pay redesign for a large professional services firm.
Prior to joining A&M, Mr. Laffere spent seven years at Deloitte Consulting, LLP, where he was a manager specializing in supply chain management and enterprise software applications. Prior to Deloitte, he worked in operations with O’Neal Steel, Inc., a privately owned steel service center.
Mr. Laffere earned his bachelor’s degree in industrial distribution from Texas A&M University and an MBA from Rice University. He is APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).