Mr. Colcord is a versatile business / operations consultant with a background in strategy development and execution, managing profit and loss (P&L) and building highly effective teams. He has a proven track record of identifying improvement opportunities and developing solutions through a cross-functional team approach. As a dynamic leader and consensus builder, he absorbs information quickly and has demonstrated the ability to implement strategies necessary to accommodate rapid growth and respond to changing business conditions.
With more than 25 years of experience, Mr. Colcord’s specialties include: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, maintenance and repair operations, health safety environment (HSE), management systems, project management, production management, capacity management, strategic planning and budgeting, organizational and change management, and international experience.
Prior to joining A&M, Mr. Colcord held many impactful positions across a variety of industries to drive lasting financial and operational impacts. A representative list of positions includes: Lieutenant Colonel, Aviation, Active Duty and Reserves in the United Stated Army. Notable accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
- Managed $1 billion worth of rotary wing assets with related maintenance equipment and facilities exceeding Department of Army Standards for readiness year over year
- Responsible for planning and coordination of tactical training exercises for U.S. Army Reserve units training more than 4,000 soldiers during their summer annual training period
- Commander of a 108-person battalion responsible for training and improving the small arms readiness of the United States Army Reserve nationwide and in predeployment training
- Developing foundation for the adoption of principles of Lean and Six Sigma into day-to-day operations of C level staff
- Service Team Leader for a leading provider of truckload, intermodal and logistics services
- Managed a fleet of 100 tractor trailers, 125 drivers and a multibay maintenance facility
- Developed solutions for transportation requirements supporting a distribution center operating 24-7, resulting in balancing the customer requirements while maintaining profitability
- Achieved and sustained a 99.3 percent delivery rating in the first six months of an operation exceeding the contract goal of 95 percent
- Increased productivity by 20 percent, which resulted in returning a segment of the business to profitability
- Gained a positive return on capital six months earlier than expected for a startup operation
Mr. Colcord earned an MBA in finance from Georgia State University and a BBA in international business from the University of Georgia.