With nine years of experience in due diligence, Mr. Powell has advised clients across a range of industries including consumer goods, business services, software, education and healthcare. He has developed skills in critically evaluating a company's key financial and operational business drivers, the quality and sustainability of forecast earnings and cash flows and potential changes in a company's working capital requirements.
While at A&M, Mr. Powell has worked on financial due diligence projects for a wide number of private equity sponsors, including H.I.G. Capital, The Carlyle Group, Vitruvian Partners, Sovereign Capital, Inflexion Private Equity, Graphite Capital and Vision Capital. Notable transactions which Mr. Powell has advised on include:
- H.I.G. Capital’s sale of Zmarta Group to Bauer Media Group in 2016;
- LDC's sale of New World Trading Company to Graphite Capital in 2016;
- H.I.G. Capital's sale of AR Metallizing in 2015;
- Primary Capital's acquisition of GatenbySanderson in 2014;
- Inflexion Private Equity's acquisition of CP Electronics in 2014;
- Sovereign Capital's acquisition of Astrum Education in 2012;
- H.I.G. Capital's acquisition of AR Metallizing in 2012;
- H.I.G. Capital's restructure of Silentnight in 2011; and
- The Carlyle Group's acquisition of ITRS Group in 2011
Prior to joining A&M, Mr. Powell spent more than three years with PricewaterhouseCoopers, first with their Consumer and Industrial Products and Services team where his audit clients included Burberry, Priory Healthcare and Samsung UK. He later moved to the Transaction Services team at PricewaterhouseCoopers, advising private equity clients such as CCMP and Industri Kapital.
Mr. Powell earned a bachelor's degree in Economics from The University of Nottingham. He is a qualified chartered accountant and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.