Featured in the eighth edition of The International Investigations Review, A&M Disputes and Investigations Managing Director Phil Beckett authored a chapter on the role of digital technology in investigations.
The chapter starts by looking at why data is so crucial to an investigation, before examining the different types of data available to an investigator. It then discusses the processes that should be followed to capture, prepare and investigate data to ensure that it is incorporated into an investigation appropriately before explaining how artificial intelligence and machine learning can assist the investigator.
- Criticality of data to an investigation
- Types of data available to an investigator
- Process to follow to maximise the use of data in an investigation
- Investigating data
- Time analysis
- Network analysis
- Entity extraction
- Sentiment analysis
- Forensic data investigation
- Use of artificial intelligence and machine learning to support investigators