Mortgage securitizations represent a $13.8 trillion secondary market that has fueled unintended systemic risks. Post-financial crisis, regulatory scrutiny of the mortgage banking and retail credit sector has intensified. Those responsible for managing these risks must be able to rapidly respond in this heightened regulatory environment.
Alvarez & Marsal’s Mortgage Banking and Retail Credit team applies a unique combination of operational, regulatory and quantitative analytic expertise to provide bank and non-bank clients the answers they are looking for. We develop strong risk management frameworks and control environments to achieve sustainable compliance and keep you on top of present and emerging risks.
Our professionals come from both industry and regulatory backgrounds and they understand the issues you face across the credit risk lifecycle. We help solve regulatory challenges and find ways to improve your business operations, increase efficiencies and mitigate risks.
We advise on:
- Assessment of risks associated with mortgage and retail lending originations, account management activities and servicing / default management, including recovery activities
- Evaluating and testing adherence with compliance requirements and regulatory expectations
- Residential mortgage-backed security (RMBS) and asset-backed securitization review and control processes
- Proactive pre- and post-regulatory Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) reviews
- Mortgage servicing self-assessment reviews, gap analysis and action plans to comply with national mortgage servicing standards
Comprehensive policies and procedures for residential mortgage, home equity, automobile, credit card and retail loan products