Heightened regulatory scrutiny and fallout from the global economic crisis has resulted in increased fraud investigations and litigation. Money laundering, misappropriation of assets, fraudulent financial reporting and other illegal transactions pose a myriad of issues for you and your stakeholders.
Our forensic accounting and technology experts work hand-in-hand with you to respond to regulatory enforcement investigations, internal investigations and lawsuits.
Whether in the context of financial reporting, securities fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and OFAC violations, audit malpractice or breach of fiduciary duty, we work with defendants involving:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) civil fraud cases involving allegations of fraudulent financial reporting
- SEC civil fraud cases involving allegations of FCPA anti-bribery and accounting provision violations
- CFTC enforcement actions including price manipulation, disruptive trading, trade practice regulation violations, electronic trading systems irregularities, and fraud.
- Department of Justice (DOJ) civil and criminal cases involving allegations of fraudulent financial reporting and FCPA violations
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) litigation against accounting firms and individual auditors
- Class action litigation involving allegations of securities fraud
- Accounting / audit malpractice litigation
- Civil and criminal litigation related to money laundering, tax fraud and other white-collar crimes
- Litigation surrounding proxy contests and hostile takeovers