Heightened regulatory scrutiny and fallout from the global economic crisis has resulted in increased fraud litigation. Money laundering, misappropriation of assets, fraudulent financial reporting and other illegal transactions pose a myriad of issues for you and your stakeholders.
Our experts work hand-in-hand with you to initiate or respond to investigations and lawsuits.
Whether in the context of financial reporting, securities fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations, audit malpractice or breach of fiduciary duty, we work with plaintiffs and defendants in litigation involving:
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) civil fraud cases involving allegations of fraudulent financial reporting
- SEC civil fraud cases involving allegations of FCPA anti-bribery and accounting provision violations
- Department of Justice civil and criminal cases involving allegations of fraudulent financial reporting and FCPA violations
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board litigation against accounting firms and individual auditors
- Class action litigation involving allegations of securities fraud
- Accounting / audit malpractice litigation
- Civil and criminal litigation related to money laundering, tax fraud and other white collar crimes
- Litigation surrounding proxy contests and hostile takeovers