Technology plays an essential role in the full cycle of M&A activities — from pre-merger planning to post-merger integration. Whether you’re acquiring a large global company or divesting a non-strategic subsidiary, mergers and acquisitions are high stakes projects enveloped in uncertainty. A&M helps manage the technology aspects and business enablement of complex mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and carve-outs.
Clients call us when:
- They are acquiring a business that relies heavily on its IT systems and want to assess whether the IT system is secure, efficient, and able to support the business’s future growth.
- They are acquiring a business that is significantly larger, or in a different industry or geography, than prior transactions or are not making adequate progress at the pace required, and they are frustrated with the “playbook” approach of their current consulting services provider.
- They are buying a subsidiary from a large company and they need help understanding the costs and resources that are needed to operate IT as an independent new company.
- They have a troubled or non-core subsidiary that they wish to develop an aggressive plan for reducing IT costs to drive financial results and prepare for divestiture.
- They are planning or executing a major acquisition and need a structured approach to accelerate results, sustain adoption and enable cultural assimilation deep within the organization(s) for lasting results.
A&M’s core services include:
- Due Diligence & Day 1 Planning
- Post-Merger & Acquisition Integration
- Carve-out Separation & New Service Delivery (Buy-side)
- Divestitures & Stranded Cost Reduction (Sell-side)
- Organizational Change and Adoption