Public and private colleges and universities are in competition to sustain growth despite declining enrollment and limited funding. Campuses must evolve to operate more efficiently while meeting the needs of current and prospective students, faculty and staff. Colleges and universities must also carefully use their limited debt ceiling and funding capacity. Increasingly, public-private partnerships (P3s) offer a solution to these mounting challenges.
A&M can help your institution develop and execute a strategy for success and longevity. We work with higher education leaders to plan, deliver and operate on- and off-campus facilities.
Exclusive advice to deliver measurable operational results
We understand and address the unique fiscal, political and operational needs of mission-driven institutions and tailor solutions to best meet their goals. We exclusively represent the institution’s interest in the development and implementation of single-asset and/or portfolio strategies – we are always on the institution’s side.
Using P3s as an alternative form of capital project delivery
We help institutions select from various P3 development, transaction and financing options based on the institution's objectives and organizational constraints.
Financing and delivering modern, attractive, functional and accessible facilities.
We help you access capital and expertise to deliver improvements across your portfolio, focusing on housing, labs, sports complexes and other amenities. We do the heavy lifting so you can focus on education. Our services include:
- Assessing your current real estate portfolio to identify project opportunities
- Assessing and improving operational efficiencies
- Developing plans to optimize and transform current assets, in accordance with campus master plans
- Evaluating and executing P3s, alternative funding and construction mechanisms
- Monetizing underutilized assets to address deferred maintenance and reinvest in mission-critical programs
- Advising on transactions, including partner selection and lease or sale negotiations
- Replacing or renovating inefficient, outdated facilities
- Financing and Delivering the Most Efficient Human Services Facilities in the District of Columbia
- Validating Investments in Quality of Life Facilities for the Navy
- Reducing State Budgets by Optimizing State Real Estate Holdings
- Transforming a Historic Penitentiary into a Thriving Community
- Generating Value from Public Land When Political Winds Shift
- Providing Strategic Direction and Execution for On-Campus Public-Private Partnerships
- Monitoring the Performance of the Largest P3 Portfolio in the U.S.
- Unlocking the Value of Underutilized Real Estate for the Navy
- Transforming Aging Facilities at America’s Most Storied Historically Black College