Transportation and Infrastructure
Cutthroat competition and the increasingly unforgiving credit markets are creating a variety of challenges for transportation and infrastructure companies. In an industry that requires significant capital expenditure and investment, and with long-term high fuel prices putting pressure on businesses, leverage is often necessary to maintain liquidity.
As premium travel has plummeted, transportation and infrastructure operations must maintain a careful balance between not exceeding their respective budgets, while cutting consumer prices to increase demand. As a result, firms throughout the industry must make well-informed operational and financial decisions to ensure survival. To successfully navigate these turbulent economic conditions, transportation and infrastructure companies must create innovative solutions and efficiently manage costs. Companies can take advantage of changing market conditions and develop solutions to drive sustainable growth by implementing proactive strategic initiatives.
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) focuses senior resources at every stage of the process, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions. Our professionals have successfully managed and partnered with leading transportation and infrastructure companies to improve operational and financial performance and resolve issues related to capital structures. Our experts utilize their experience and knowledge to create measurable and sustainable solutions for our clients. A&M’s operational heritage and depth of senior resources allows us to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments.
- Development of rationalization and growth strategies to improve profitability and maximize value
- Development of strategic business plans
- Cash management monitoring
- Management of customer relationships
- Optimization of routes across locations
- Evaluation of individual business units
- Identification and extraction of benefits from merger and acquisition activities
- Identification and management of cost and revenue drivers
Our Transportation and Infrastructure capabilities include:
- Planning and Analysis
- Product and Development Sourcing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Supply Chain Evaluation
- Sales and Marketing Optimization
- Merger Integration
- Capital Planning
- Labor Negotiations
- Compensation Development