A&M REAS has worked through some of the world’s largest and most complex bankruptcy, turnaround and liquidation situations. We focus on transparency, risk management, and value preservation and enhancement.
Our Financial Management Advisory services include:
- Interim Management and Owner’s Representation – We fulfill key management responsibilities during times of crisis or transition with a focus on stability, deliberate action, communication and value enhancement.
- Real Estate Finance – We are on the front lines of the credit crisis helping originators, bondholders, servicers, insurers, financial institutions, regulators and owners to work through real estate credit exposures.
- Restructuring, Turnaround and Orderly Liquidation - Along with our A&M counterparts and EVN partners, we guide clients through complex workouts using battle‐tested and value enhancing methods.
- Receivership Services – Our multi-disciplinary team has hands‐on experience with loan workouts, global principal investing, lending, development, loan sales and recapitalizations, and investment management and operations for large-scale assets. Opting to appoint A&M as a receiver to operate and ultimately sell a property can save considerable time and effort and maximize the value of recoveries. Also see A&M's Fiduciary Services.
A&M REAS Financial Management specialists are adept at working through court-mandated as well as out-of-court situations. Our approach considers stabilizing activities and enhancing and unlocking value.
- Perform market analysis and asset positioning
- Facilitate discussions with creditor, counsel and other stakeholders
- Develop budget and relative ROI analysis for each strategic option
- Establish policies, procedures and risk management protocols
- Implement asset strategies to maximize value on a net present value (NPV) basis in compliance with fiduciary standards and court orders, as appropriate
- Retain property management professionals and general contractors for construction / renovation related scope
- Proactively oversee leasing, construction, operations, purchasing, discounted settlements, vendor rebidding and insurance programs
- Perform real estate tax analyses, and address liens and other delinquencies
- Prepare monthly reports, cash flow projections, and meaningful status updates
- Oversee leasing activities to maximize long term top‐line performance
- Manage direct and indirect expenses to improve margins
- Facilitate asset sale in accordance with approved strategic plan