Automotive and Suppliers
High-profile struggles of giants such as General Motors, Chrysler and Ford have brought to the forefront the increasingly volatile market conditions facing today’s automotive industry.
Uncertainty surrounding macroeconomic challenges and the liquidity of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), as well as the supply base, makes the near-term seem bleak and uncertain. As a result, automakers and their suppliers, whether distressed, underperforming or healthy, are filled with a greater sense of urgency to stop crises in their tracks, rapidly improve performance and create sustainable growth.
Consumers' desire for a new generation of automobiles is an opportunity to turn challenges into progress by streamlining processes; continuing to innovate as considerations of greener technologies become increasingly important; and quickly develop and implement solutions that meet customer demand for more energy efficient automobiles, while at the same time keeping manufacturing expenses in check.
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) helps automotive companies to not only regain financial strength, but also boost operational efficiency. Our professionals bring a sense of urgency and accountability to every assignment and our experience has been road-tested with automotive manufacturers and suppliers the world over. This extensive and relevant expertise enables us to assist automakers and their suppliers to quickly identify and solve complex strategic, operational and financial issues. With professionals based around the world, our local resources are able to holistically advise multinational automotive clients.
- Rationalization and growth strategies to improve profitability and maximize value
- Strategic business plans
- Cash management
- Oversight for customer / vendor relationships
- Analysis of individual business units
- Benefits from merger and acquisition activities
- Cost management and revenue drivers
- Management of outsourcing activities and plant closures
- Improved operational performance at the plant level
Our Automotive capabilities include:
- Planning and Analysis
- Product and Development Sourcing
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Production Facilities Operation
- Shop floor and Supply Chain Optimization
- Sales and Marketing Optimization
- Channel Alignment and Strategy
- Merger Integration
- Capital Planning
- Labor Negotiations
- Supply Chain Management
- Valuation / Asset Sales
- Compensation Development